Matthew 17:20
He replied, "Because you have so little faith, I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."
It can be pretty hard to trust God sometimes. There's an uneasy feeling that comes with stepping into the unknown God sometimes calls us into. As I have stepped into many mission trips in the past, I am aware of the significant challenges that can come through the fund-raising process. This year has definitely been no different. God provided in some incredible ways for me to be able to minister in the Philippines this past summer, and up until a few months ago I was unaware of any other potential trips for the year. That all changed a few months ago when I was presented with the opportunity to travel with a mission team from William Jessup that was going to minister in two different hostels in Amsterdam during the New Years season. Being fully aware that both my parents and brother are in the process of raising support for their ministries, I was feeling pressed by the Lord to continue on for this trip, trusting Him to be able to provide despite what seemed like overwhelming odds. God has already provided in some incredible ways, both through scholarships provided from my school and from heart-touching anonymous donations made from fellow students (you know you're lucky when college students make financial contributions, we're all broke.) Despite what has already been done and some verbal commitments, I am still officially short $1,500 with only 3 days to raise what else is needed to leave. I won't be naive by saying that isn't something worth thinking about. At the same time, I would be naive in saying that it would be impossible for God to provide that amount in 3 days. A man with the faith of a mustard seed would believe it to happen. I'm praying for that kind of faith, because it can be pretty challenging.
I have been so blessed by donations in the past. I have had incredible opportunities that few people my age have been able to do. I was okay with laying low for a while, not wanting to further press my donation base, but God had different plans. Just when I thought I had already made enough leaps of faith in the past, He asked that I would jump even further. I feel like I'm teetering on the edge, but it's too soon to say that God hasn't provided for this opportunity too. It's hard for me to ask for more, because I know that I am undeserving of such generosity. What I hope that you might seriously consider though, is contributing to a ministry dedicated to serving a great number of people looking for all the right things in all the wrong places. While it might not be much, our ministry team have unique opportunity to serve a wide variety of guests through cooking food, cleaning, and leading bible studies and times of sharing. The ministry there is committed to sharing the gospel to their guests. While we might not have a long period of time, God is more than able to reach hearts and change lives in a matter of minutes.
With less than a week to go before I leave, I am still facing some large financial needs. I have found encouragement through His word and pray that you might consider how God could use you to partner with us as we minister in Amsterdam. Please email me at jeremydevers@hotmail.com if you would like to make a donation, I will then send you the information needed. Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers, please know that you can play an active role in changing lives today and tomorrow.
I have been so blessed by donations in the past. I have had incredible opportunities that few people my age have been able to do. I was okay with laying low for a while, not wanting to further press my donation base, but God had different plans. Just when I thought I had already made enough leaps of faith in the past, He asked that I would jump even further. I feel like I'm teetering on the edge, but it's too soon to say that God hasn't provided for this opportunity too. It's hard for me to ask for more, because I know that I am undeserving of such generosity. What I hope that you might seriously consider though, is contributing to a ministry dedicated to serving a great number of people looking for all the right things in all the wrong places. While it might not be much, our ministry team have unique opportunity to serve a wide variety of guests through cooking food, cleaning, and leading bible studies and times of sharing. The ministry there is committed to sharing the gospel to their guests. While we might not have a long period of time, God is more than able to reach hearts and change lives in a matter of minutes.
With less than a week to go before I leave, I am still facing some large financial needs. I have found encouragement through His word and pray that you might consider how God could use you to partner with us as we minister in Amsterdam. Please email me at jeremydevers@hotmail.com if you would like to make a donation, I will then send you the information needed. Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers, please know that you can play an active role in changing lives today and tomorrow.
Pslam 95:1-7
Come let us sing to the Lord!
Let us shout joyfully to the Rock of our salvation.
Let us come to him with thanksgiving.
Let us sing pslams of praise to him.
For the Lord is a great God,
a great King above all gods.
He holds in his hands the depths of the earth
and the mightiest mountains.
The sea belongs to him, for he made it.
His hands formed the dry land, too.
Come let us worship and bow down.
Let us kneel before the Lord our maker,
for he is our God.
We are the people he watches over,
the flock under his care.
Luke 11:9-10
And as I tell you, keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And everyone who knocks, the door will be opened.
No comments:
Post a Comment