Monday, July 11, 2011

Did you feel the Mountains tremble?

To those of you who heard anything about an earthquake here in the Philippines, I'd just like to assure you that all is well. I woke up to some shaking at 4:30 but there's no damage that I know of, just a gentle nudge from the Almighty. :)

It's been an exciting past week. Had a cool opportunity to lead a devotional at a local high school this past Friday. Was able to share and discuss the Parable of the Lost Son with about 30 students. Looking forward to leading these devotions once a week till I leave in the beginning of August. Saturday marked the 5th weekly basketball clinic. Had another great turnout and it's awesome to see so many faces on a regular basis. I am most excited about the small group time we have during the clinic, in which the players break into groups of 15 to 20 and learn about Christ from one of the local pastors. This is the only exposure to the Gospel that many of these young boys will be able to receive. Praise the Lord for that awesome opportunity. Prayers would be appreciated for these boys, that they might come to receive Christ and live the rest of their lives for His glory! The local church I've been working with here is had their first service this past Sunday at the same court, so we are hoping that many of the kids from that area might be able to attend Sunday school or some other church event on Sundays.



Sunday I was able to attend the church's Kid's Games- a Christ-centered program for young children. About 200 kids showed up between the ages of 7-12. We sang songs, played games, and shared Jesus. It was incredible seeing so many kids and to have the opportunity to have fun with them and share Christ's love! The church here hosts Kid's Games on a annual basis in Bacolod, while another is held for the entire province. I hope to be able to be a part of more of these in the future, and possibly bring it to Indonesia! These upcoming Thursday and Friday we will be hosting Teen Games in a nearby city, where we expect some 400 teenagers! Please pray for this event, that we might be used by Him and that Christ's love would shine through us.



Tonight I'll be participating in our bi-weekly local men's basketball league. What an incredible medium sports has provided in my life to meet people and build relationships, and I hope to continue on in this ministry for years to come!

Love you all so much, missing friends and family back in the States and looking forward to seeing you all again. In the meantime, I'm not done here quite yet! Catch you all next week!

Servant to Many and Slave to One,
Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment