"After this I looked and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and in front of the Lamb."
- Revelation 7:9
Yeshua, Gesรน, Jezus, Isus, Jezi, Jeesus, Isa. These are names used by believers around the world as they worship the man we English speakers call Jesus. How awesome it is to praise a God that is known around the world! Yet there are still places Jesus is unknown and native tongues that have never spoken of this man we call Jesus. It should be our cry as followers of Christ to preach the news of our Savior from one corner of the globe to another. How awesome it will be in paradise, to worship with those who have spoken of Jesus in their own languages, in their own cultures, among their own people! Until the moment in which I draw my last breath, it is my sincere hope to do all I am humanly capable of doing in sharing the saving news of Jesus to all who will listen.
I have had an incredibly unique experience being raised in the great country of Indonesia. I have no doubt that my international experiences have molded me into the man I am today and have stirred some great passions that I hold with me today. One of these passions is to work and share Isa (Christ) with followers of Islam. being in that Indonesia has the world's largest Muslim population, I have had the blessing of growing up around Muslims and experiencing what that faith looks like. In my pursuit of learning more about Islam, I applied for a Middle East studies program through William Jessup University. This morning I just found out that I was accepted! I sit now, completely humbled and overwhelmed by the Lord's faithfulness. He is so good!
The program has typically been stationed out of Cairo, Egypt. Due to some of the political unrest, I will not know until September if it will be located in Jerusalem or Cairo. Either way, I cannot wait for it! My studies will include:
- Introduction to Arabic language
- Islamic Thought & Practice
- Conflict & Change in the Middle East
- Peoples & Cultures of the Middle East
Our experiences will include service projects among the community, travelling to nearby countries, and building relationships with local Muslims. I can't wait for the awesome times God will provide through this experience. In the meantime, please stay tuned for my Philippines trip, I am leaving this Sunday! Blessings to you all!

ahhhh, such good news! congratulations jjd. egypt will be so awesome. and have a great trip over to the philippines! :)
ReplyDelete